Sunday, February 23, 2014

AQRF Chimera Progress, KB Test Models

Now that my work has started to level off, I've had the ability to devote more attention back to 40k. First off, I've been able to make quite a bit of progress on my AQRF Chimera. After spending lots of time wondering what weapons I was going to give it (since everything was the same points cost), I just decided to give it all the options! I magnetized all the weapon options so that I can switch between them as I need to (thanks, Mom!). So far, I've completed the magnetization process and all the work on the turret. take a look and let me know what you think!

The completed turret. I love how the crewmember turned out!

All the weapon options

Multi-laser turret with nothing on the hull.

Heavy bolter turret with another heavy bolter on the hull.

The back of the turret. I think it came out pretty well!
I've also been working on my Knights Bellicose test models. Right now, I'm only finishing up one last color option. I'm switching the weapons to red instead of brown so they stand out a bit more on the battlefield. Since the sergeants' helmets are going to be red anyway (to fit in with the codex rules), I think it will look pretty good. Here's my current progress:

The torso and legs are done. I have two models prepared in this manner. One will be a regular tactical marine and the other will wear a sergeant's helmet. After these two models are done, I'll be able to see just how the army is going to turn out and can finally start on the army itself. I'm pretty hopeful!

Keep checking back to see how these two projects turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment