Sunday, March 16, 2014

Arbites Chimera Nears Completion

We're almost there! Next time you check in, the Arbites Chimera should be completed! The hull is finished, as is the turret and all the weapons. All that's left is to finish the track sections. You'll notice that the right side is completely finished except for the wide piece that sticks out past everything else. This, as well as its counterpart on the other side, will be the last parts painted. That way, I can still hold onto the model without rubbing any of the paint off. You can see in some of the detail shots that I've already accidentally removed some of the primer in those areas, so you can see how important it is to keep from touching something until its sealed.

Once the Chimera is completed, work can finally begin on the Knights Bellicose! I'm considering doing one final base test before I start the models, though. I want to perfect my urban bases and I'm considering using some fine-grit sandpaper to replicate asphalt. I could use sprues or wooden pieces to make curbs and I could add manhole covers and all kinds of things to add character. It'll be an interesting test and once its done I can start the Knights!

Additionally, I'm considering starting my first terrain board. I'm going to do a forest board. Stay tuned for more updates on how my first terrain board goes.

Until next time, check out how the work on the Chimera is going so far!



"Serve" on once side. "Protect" on the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment