Monday, June 9, 2014

Relic

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of going down to Lake Tahoe to celebrate my best friend's birthday with him. Among other things, we were able to play our first game of Relic.

Being our first time ever playing, we did get a bunch of things wrong. It's a lot easier than the first time I ever tried to play 40k, but there's still a lot to do. After screwing up our first game, I'm confident that I could play subsequent games without messing anything up. Truth be told, that's how I like to learn games. I like to screw everything up at first, but be able to learn it all for next time.

The game did a really good job of sticking to the lore of the 40k universe. I played as a commissar and I had the ability to shoot my allies to increase my own dice rolls. Little things like that made the game a whole lot of fun and really helped us feel our characters. It's a wonderful game and I'd recommend it to any 40k player. Here's a little peek at how the game went!







All in all, I have to say it was an incredibly fun game and I can't wait to play it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment