Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Taping Brushes, Skin Test

So I use Games Workshop paint brushes. When I'm not using them, I keep them in a little metal cup. It looks like this:





If you've noticed, Games Workshop likes to color code their brushes.

Have you noticed the problem? How in the world are you going to see the colors if your brushes are standing up in your cup?

 My suggestion is that you head down to Home Depot and spend a few dollars on some electrical tape.





I tape up my brushes to make them easier to see. Now, when they're sitting in their cup, I can immediately see which brush is which without having to sort through them and read what's printed on them. Check it out!


As of right now, I'm working on a new way to paint flesh. I only have one real way of doing it now and, in the spirit of racial diversity, I'd like to figure out more shades. I'm planning on making another test similar to the shoulder pads and laurel tests. Here's what I have so far:





If everything goes smoothly, there will probably be a tutorial coming from this. Keep checking back to see how it all turns out! Until then, have fun painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment