Sunday, May 11, 2014

Knights Bellicose Progress

Today will be a shorter post. There's not a whole lot to talk about today because I've been focusing on just one project. The good news, however, is that work is progressing steadily on my first Knights Bellicose squad! Check them out!

The squad is coming along nicely!

Close-up of my two current favorites
The Knights have always worked as single models and I was always worried about how they would look as an entire army. So far, I think they're looking really good! What do you think?

And now, do you remember the terrain problems I've been having? My wonderful wife has suggested that instead of trying to fix it with more brushes and paint, that I should just go ahead and get an airbrush. After reading tons of tutorials, watching some videos, and talking to other painters, I'm going to go ahead and get one. The terrain project is on hold for the time being until I can save up the $100 for one, but it should be a good investment when I finally get it.

After the three tables are finished, I'm hoping to continue using the airbrush to prime all my models. No more paint cans leaving blotchy spots on the models. No more obscuring details. From here on out, I'm planning on having nice, even, thin coats of primers. I'm also hoping that it will make vehicles easier to paint. Once I get it all figured out, I'll be sure to post a tutorial for you guys! Keep checking back to see how it all turns out!

Until next time, have fun painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment