Thursday, July 31, 2014

New Plasma Effect

I've been getting the idea that the current effect I paint on my plasma weapons just doesn't look right. Almost as if answered by The Emperor himself, Bell of Lost Souls posted a tutorial for a new plasma gun effect. I've given it a shot and I think that's how I'll be doing all the plasma guns for my Knights Bellicose army. I know that one plasma gun is already done, but I don't think I'll repaint it. At least not right now.

I did a test of the new technique. It was pretty quick to do. Take a look at how it turned out! Feel free to post comments and let me know how I did!

This is a look at how how I've been paint plasma coils so far
A simple plasma cannon with a red casing.

The first color is painted on.

A lighter green is drybrushed on, splashing onto the casing
to start the glow effect.

Lastly, white is drybrushed on to finish the effect.

Another shot of the finished effect.

What do you think? Should I do all my
plasma weapons this way?

1 comment: